Travelling is fun. The thought of visiting new places, experiencing new cultures and meeting with people of diversified backgrounds always boosts our energy. Such ideas encourage us to plan visits and explore the world.
However, when it comes to travelling outside your home country, it can be costly. Moreover, it has plenty of risks involved with it.
Especially if you are travelling to the USA and that too, without the best travel insurance plan, you are prone to plenty of risks involved.
Why Buy a Travel Insurance Plan?
The reason to buy a travel insurance plan is that the medical expenses in the US are incredibly high. If you face any sickness or any accidental injury, you cannot afford to visit a doctor or a hospital for treatment.
Any severe accidental injury in the US can put you into bankruptcy. So, it becomes necessary for every visitor to purchase a good insurance plan for himself.
This travel insurance will protect you from unforeseen medical emergencies. It will also cover you for travel contingencies.
Which is the Best Travel Insurance Plan?
Usually, the visitors find it difficult to select the right travel insurance plan for themselves. To solve this problem for you, we have carefully listed some of the best travel medical insurance plans.
These plans have been listed based on lowest prices and highest ratings. This listing will help you to make proper comparisons and will your decision process more comfortable.
Patriot America Plus
Patriot America Plus is a comprehensive coverage plan. This plan offers 100% coverage depending on the policy maximum for covered services in the US as well as for international trips.
- Offers 100% Coverage in Network
- “A” Ranked Insurance Plan
- Offers PPO Network
- Renewable or Cancellable
- Coverage during international travel
- Provides coverage of up to $500,000 for acute onset of pre-existing conditions
Are you looking for the best insurance policy for your loved one? Cover America-Gold is one of the most popular and widely purchased comprehensive travel medical insurance plans for U.S. visitors. Since its launch, it has been continuously updating its plan as per traveler’s needs, the features that cannot be found on any other U.S. visitors’ plans.
It has plenty of desirable features, which make it the best visitor’s insurance for the parents visiting the USA. These include providing coverage for a lost passport, and coverage for international missed flights. It also provides border entry protection and returns flight to the home country if the trip is cut short due to medical reasons.
CoverAmerica-Gold released an updated version of the insurance plan on April 1st, 2020, including a new underwriter, and some added benefits like an out of pocket maximum of $1000 and a low Urgent Care co-pay of $15.” It is considered as the best plan by travelers visiting the U.S.
Let’s have a look at exclusive features of the CoverAmerica-Gold Medical Insurance Plan.
Some of CoverAmerica-Gold’s key benefits include:
- “A” Ranked Plan: Underwritten by an A+ rated carrier
- PPO network within the U.S.: Looking for a highly-trusted medical care plan? This plan allows you to visit whatever in-network physician or healthcare provider for your health care needs.
- 100% coverage: Offers 100% coverage within the PPO network after deductible
- No Cancelation Charges: An exclusive plan that offers this type of benefit. If you want to cancel your coverage plan before the start date, your money will be refunded, and CoverAmerica-Gold will not charge a single penny as a cancellation fee.
- Urgent Care co-pay: Provides urgent care co-pay of $15, depending on policy maximum.
- Border entry protection: In case, if a visitor unexpectedly turned away at the border to his/her destination country without any prior notice, this is the only plan that also offers border entry protection.
- Travel Delay coverage: For international flights, in case of any delay or if a visitor misses a connecting flight, this is the exclusive plan that offers Missed connection coverage, i.e., ($100 for 12-hour delay or longer)
- Eye Care: Emergency eye checkup and repayment for eyeglasses if broken during your tour.
- Financial Expenses: Legal expenses and Attorney for personal liability court cases can be covered.
- Acute onset of pre-existing conditions: If the visitor traveling the U.S. is below 70 years old, CoverAmerica-Gold covers eligible associated medical costs and offers coverage for acute onset of pre-existing conditions (up to policy maximum).
Want to buy this exclusive plan at competitive prices for your parents or siblings visiting the USA? Click here.
Atlas America is another comprehensive insurance plan that offers you a double advantage. It provides coverage not only within the PPO network but also out-of-network.
Another advantage associated with Atlas America is that it can be cancelled even after the policy has become effective. The condition is that no claims should have been filed.
- “A” Ranked Plan
- Provides 100% Coverage
- PPO Network
- Renewable and Cancellable
- Provides coverage up to $2,000,000 for those aged 69 or less, and up to $100,000 for ages 70-79
Choice America is an affordable but Limited Coverage Plan. By Limited Coverage Plan it means the plan would provide basic protection only.
If you are looking for a budget-friendly and basic travel medical insurance that allows you to visit any doctor or hospital, ChoiceAmerica is the best option.
The disadvantage is that this plan is not available for US citizens or residents.
- The plan pays a fixed amount per incident depending upon policy maximum
- Low cost, provides basic coverage with fewer benefits
- Provides coverage from 5 days to 1 year
- PPO Network
- Limited pre-existing condition coverage
- Provides coverage for border entry denial, adventure sports and amusement park injuries
- Coverage for loss of passport or essential travel documents